IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT COVID-19
March 15, 2020
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING COVID-19 EMERGENCY:
We are doing our very best to continue to serve the community during these difficult times. In order to best protect both our volunteers and YOU, we are implementing the following changes: NO WALK-INS! Appointments will be necessary to drop animal(s) off.
- PLEASE CALL US FIRST at 281-259-0039. This will enable us to fill out all necessary paperwork over the phone and to set up a time when you can drop the animal(s) off. This will greatly reduce the amount of people at our facility at any given time.
- We will be open limited hours for animal intakes as long as we have the volunteers to be at the center. For the time being, that will be between 11 am and 1 pm.
- We have set up a special email for after-hours advice and assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be checking that email as frequently as we can to best assist you. We will also do our best to answer phone at 281-259-0039 between 11 am and 1 pm, but cannot guarantee that messages left at that number will be returned. Emailing is best for now.
- As we have done in past emergencies (flood, hurricanes, etc.), we may have animal rescuers meet up directly with individual rehabbers at off-site locations (such as parking lots, etc.)
- If you have spoken to one of our representatives and are bringing an animal to us, we kindly request that only ONE PERSON actually hand the animal off to our volunteer(s). Other people, if they are with you, are kindly asked to remain in your personal vehicle.
By putting these measures into effect, we sincerely hope that we can minimize everyone’s risk while at the same time still remaining open. Please remember that we are an all-volunteer organization, and many of our volunteers may now be staying home with children, or may be helping to care for elderly parents or other immuno-suppressed individuals. We thank you for your patience and understanding, and we hope these measures will be very short term.